That's me--Miss Pep.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Show With The Bad Name Lives!!

A couple months ago, I was watching Private Practice, and noticed something strange: walking through Oceanside Wellness with new addition Dr. Jake Reilly (Benjamin Bratt), was what I assumed to be a lesbian couple (he's a fertility doctor), made up of...Courtney Cox and her Cougar Town co-star Christa Miller! I watched it again, to be sure. And yes, it was the former Friends star with her new TV friend.  Odd, right? Did anyone else notice? Here is the shot:


I didn't do a ton of research, but the regular TV / entertainment blogs I read didn't say a thing about this! I thought it was pretty funny. At the time, I could only guess that maybe the shows film on the same lot and the producers at PP offered the ladies a walk on. It was only today, when I googled the incident, that I found this article.

First off, it's news to me that CT is even coming back! I thought it had been cancelled! It's one of those shows I was never in the mood to watch, but once I did, I always found myself smiling, if not laughing. 

Incredible marketing on their part, no? Why other shows haven't done this as much before, I don't know. But to stick your actors into random shows to keep their own show in viewers' minds? Genius.

I did, in fact, see Ian Gomez on Grey's Anatomy but didn't think anything of it (except maybe "well, I guess he needed work"), because GA tends to have lots of guest stars. I suppose I though his "role" (if you could call it that) wasn't much of anything. But, again, didn't really think on it much. Although, now that I know what's going on, it turns out that this cameo and the PP cameo with the ladies were on the same night! Guess I missed that. Although I do tend to watch PP a couple days later on my DVR.


I'm working my way through ABC.com's slew of clips of where the cast has been popping up and I can't believe I missed this one!! Here's Josh Hopkins on Castle!


If you watch The Middle, Body of Proof or Happy Endings, then you will have seen Brian Van Holt, Ian Gomez, Dan Byrd and Busy Phillips. If I wasn't making myself clear, this is AMAZING! I love this idea and I can't wait to see if there are more cameos in my regular shows!

According to TVGuide.com, Cougar Town has been renewed for a shorter (15 episode) season to premiere sometime in March. So if you're missing your penny-can playing, wine swigging buddies from the FL cul-de-sac, look for them then. (And by the way, if you're like me, and want a "Big Joe" or "Big Carl" wine glass, you can find a whole Facebook page dedicated to BIG wine glasses here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment