That's me--Miss Pep.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's a series!! Two Broke Girls (one broke show?)

I wasn't sure if I was going to write about this show since I know 2 of the writers (granted, I haven't spoken to one of them in years and the other in a while). But I can't preview only shows I think will be hits. So here we have it. Two Broke Girls.

I know that the writing will most likely be good (these guys came from "It's Always Sunny in Philadephia," "Rob & Big," "Outsourced"). But from the previews I've seen, the acting kills the comedy. I do love the traditional, studio-audience comedy so I'm hoping that maybe the previews are just from the first episode or two and the actresses are just warming up. Oh, and did I mention that Michael Patrick King (of SATC fame) is Executive Producer? No? Well, he is.  And this may actually be a drawback for some of you who I know absolutely abhor the "Whitney" commercials, but Whitney Cummings is also an Executive Producer. Where did she come from? It's like she suddenly appeared and took over the comedy pilot scene, right?

Photo from CBS


Starring in this show are Kat Dennings ("Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist," and even an episode of "SATC"-- connections, gotta love 'em) and Beth Behrs (this appears to be her big breakout role).  I like Kat Dennings, but I find Beth Behrs a little annoying to look at, especially when she opens her mouth to talk. Is that mean? She plays an heiress, Caroline, who has fallen from grace because her daddy was caught in the middle of Wall Street shenanigans. She finds herself all dolled up at a local diner where Dennings' broke character, Max, works. They strike up the unlikely friendship and hilarity is supposed to ensue from there.

I would like to say that I have high hopes for this show, but from the little I've seen, I can't say that. For the sake of the people I know working on the show, I wish them luck, but I'm not sure I'll be tuning in every week.

Premieres: Monday, September 19, at 9:30 on CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment