That's me--Miss Pep.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's A Series!! Up All Night

I'm SUPER excited for this show and am previewing it just in the nick of time!

I was never a big fan of "Married, With Children," though I did watch it on occasion. I liked Christina Applegate's character, and have liked pretty much every character she's played since (well, the ones I've seen).  She's a great comedienne and has impeccable timing. She shined as Rachel's sister on "Friends," and as the titular character of "Samantha Who?" I was disappointed to see that show canceled. And who can forget her fabulous movie montage (among other, ahem, glory-ous moments) with Cameron Diaz in "The Sweetest Thing"? She has proven she can do all kinds of humor, and next up is parent humor. I can't wait!

Christina's not the only funny lady in this show. Maya Rudolf joins her former "SNL" castmates Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in the world of small-screen comedy. I think anyone will agree that she can play a range of characters, both comic and dramatic, and nails them. I like her best when her humor is backhanded, understated and smart. From the previews it seems like her humor on the show will be a bit more hit-you-over-the-head but I'm okay with that, too.  She's playing a talk show host who seems oblivious of the fact that her best friend just had a baby. I'm predicting lots of laughs.

I have never seen an episode of "Arrested Development." I'm sorry. I know Will Arnett has a huge following because of that show, but I'm not one of that number. I'm also not NOT a fan. I'm neutral. I tried watching an episode of "Running Wilde" last year and didn't love it enough to watch again (despite wanting to see Keri Russell back on TV again, I just didn't get into it). For me, he's an add-on to this show. Completely necessary, and I couldn't tell you who might be better at his role, but I'm not over the moon for him. Let's call it comfortably optimistic with his role as the stay-at-home dad.

If you've seen a preview, you know what this show is about. Reagan and Chris (Christina and Will) are new parents who thought they were ready for a baby in their life and quickly find out they are not. Hilarity will ensue. There's a lot of baby humor out there and I'm confident this show cashes in on it without going too far. One of my favorite moments of the trailer is when Reagan and Chris are fighting over who got less sleep the night before and Chris goes "Wanna do it real quick?" Now that's as close to reality as it gets, right ladies?? I'm wondering how many couples out there who are planning to have a baby in the near future are going to reconsider after seeing this show?

I'll be back soon to report on whether "Up All Night" is as good as I think it's going to be.

"Up All Night" premieres tonight, September 14, at 10:00 PM on NBC. It will switch to it's regular time slot on Wednesdays at 8:00 PM the following week.

1 comment:

  1. I totes agree about Christina Applegate and SAMANTHA WHO? I liked that show--it was a great concept. And oddly enough, I just watched part of the marathon that was airing the show yesterday and discussed it being a good series today at lunch. Ha!

    ReplyDelete